During this training, you will be accompanied individually to learn how I create natural, captivating and artistic dog portraits. My workshops are not only about shooting and post processing techniques, you will also learn about my entire philosophical approach to dog photography. We will explore everything from composition, natural light, poses and expressions, dogs in action to the image processing workflow. You will be helped throughout your training in order to resolve the problems encountered and correct your errors.
You will have the choice between two possibilities for your private training: you can choose a training on 1 day or on 2 days.
On the first day, we will start by studying the theory of dog photography. We will then leave to make some images with a beautiful variety of dogs with different colors, breeds and sizes. You will be transported to a forest where the possibilities are endless, I will show you how I work with dogs and their owners in order to create authentic portraits.
The second day begins with a second practical part where I show you how to take photographs of dogs in portraits and action in another forest. Then we will post-process the images taken. I will show you the processing I do on my images on Lightroom, Camera Raw and Photoshop.
Level: This workshop is dedicated to amateur and professional photographers who already have basic knowledge in photography and image editing on Lightroom and Photoshop CC.
Individual workshops are tailored to your needs. You can also get detailed comments on your portfolio.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- How to organize a session and choose the right equipment
- How to get the best out of your model by considering the details
- Put the animal at ease and guide the owner
- Understand the composition and its effects by varying the angles of view
- Find the right place for the shoot and position the subject in the environment
- How to use natural light to your advantage
- How to get dynamic photographs in action
- How to get the best raw images
- Photoshop: Precise masking – Adjust noise and sharpness – Adjust colors – Remove reflections on the hair – Use curves – Adjust lights/shadows
- Camera Raw: Eyes editing – Create an atmosphere – Work the light – Preserve the details – Work the contrasts – Use the radial filters
You will receive by email the recorded video of the post-processing course, so you can review it as many times as desired.
Do not hesitate to contact me for any special request. The packages do not include travel costs.
After a theoretical part where we will study together how to photograph the dogs, we will then leave to make images in a fantastic place, I will help you to create images that meet your expectations.
A complete experience just for you. Theory, practical but also post-processing: I will also show you the processing of my photographs on Lightroom and Photoshop.