I invite you to my dog photography workshop to be held in Switzerland in 2021 to learn how to create captivating and artistic portraits. The main objective of this workshop is to share my experience with a group of photography enthusiasts who wish to broaden their knowledge in creative dog photography.
Saturday 13: During the first day, we will study the theory of dog photography: how to work with owners, understand how to pose the animal, use the right angles, shape natural light, etc. We will then go outdoors to take pictures with a beautiful variety of dogs of different colors, breeds and sizes. The place will be composed of waterfalls and forests.
Sunday 14: During this second day, we will start with a practical part at dawn on the same place to enjoy a different light. Then, we will retouch the photos taken during a post-processing part where I will show you each step of my workflow.
Required level: this workshop is dedicated to amateur and professional photographers who already have a basic knowledge of photography and image retouching on Lightroom and Photoshop CC.
Language: this workshop will be given in English.
During this workshop, you will learn:
- How to plan a session and choose the right gear
- How to get the best out of your model with attention to detail
- Putting the animal at ease and guiding the owner
- Understand the composition and its effects by varying shooting angles
- Finding the right location for the shooting and positioning the subject in the environment
- How to use natural light to your advantage
- How to get the best raw images
- Set up your software correctly
- Make initial adjustments
- Remove disturbing elements from the image
- Enhance the eyes and touch up the hair
- Working with light: highlighting the essential
- Adjust the colors in several ways
- Adjust sharpness and noise
- Export your photos correctly
“At the foot of the Bernese Alps lies a small paradise where the workshop will turn into an unforgettable exotic celebration. With its exceptional setting, combining a colorful tropical garden, the Tropic House is unique in the world.”
Book your place for this workshop
Prices & information
As the number of places is limited, payments are not refundable. The price does not include meals, overnight stays, insurance, and anything else not mentioned.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
2-day Workshop: 490.00€.
A deposit of 190.00€ will be asked for your registration, the balance of 300.00€ must be paid at least 45 days before the date of the workshop.
Number of places : 10
What you will need
- Digital camera and lenses
- Wide aperture type lens preferably (from 35mm to 135mm)
- Laptop with Lightroom and Photoshop CC 2020
- Adapted clothing and good shoes
- In case of rain, provide adequate equipment
- Multiple batteries and memory cards
- Something to take notes with